Sir John Templeton was born in Tennessee, being the first of his town to go to college, he still managed to graduate from Yale University with an economics degree.
Mr. Templeton began his investments career at the Wall Street firm Fenner and Beane, where he discovered the power of value investing by always looking for bargain prices.
John Templeton has proven to be a successful investor using a fundamental analysis approach, quadrupling his money within the first four years of investing, creating a well know reputation in Wall Street.
Franklin Templeton Investments published book “16 RULES FOR INVESTMENT SUCCESS” that describe how Sir John Templeton invested his and his clients money.
16 Rules For Investment Success
- Invest for maximum total real return
- Invest — Don’t trade or speculate
- Remain flexible and open minded about types of investment
- Buy Low
- When buying stocks, search for bargains among quality stocks.
- Buy value, not market trends or the economic outlook
- Diversify. In stocks and bonds, as in much else, there is safety in numbers
- Do your homework or hire wise experts to help you
- Aggressively monitor your investments
- Don’t Panic
- Learn from your mistakes
- Begin with a Prayer
- Outperforming the market is a difficult task
- An investor who has all the answers doesn’t even understand all the questions
- There’s no free lunch
- Do not be fearful or negative too often